Portfolio, Sketchbook, DeviantArt, Contact : marcdmc@gmail.com
Better

Tuesday 20 July 2010

I was sick, now im better : )

Creature Ideas for DSG (I was still sick when I did these :P)
Daily sketch group entry
Photo study
William Bouguereau Master study. I. Fucking. LOVE Bouguereau!!
And this weird little guy I painted as an Idea for a "Wind Waker" style 3d character im making in 3DsMax.

So after a week of being painfully sick what have I learned... Dont get sick! Its fucking awful, you want to paint, but you cant! But whats interesting is that I didnt stop doing this habit Ive had for, as long as I can remember Ive always been doing it. Im always observing things and If say Ive been painting alot Il think "how would I paint that" just about anything. Sometimes I think its more benificial than actually physically painting lol. Theres been times where I havent painted for a long time and when I do paint again im some how a little better! :S Amazing. Anyway since I was sick and couldnt paint execpt in my head, I thought Id watch some one else paint. So I went on MassiveBlack and got the Brad Rigney download. Recommend it!! Its like 4 and a half hours long and after watching that everytime I went to mentally paint heh. Id be painting like Brad! He uses the smudge tool all the time and so Id be thinking, "now how would I smudge that" lol. Anyway when I tried it on those creature designs and the pigeon photo study I found I had it DOWN. So thats my little lesson for today haha. EVEN IF YOURE SICK YOU SHOULD STILL BE PAINTING.... in your head!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're feeling better Marc! Looks like you came back with a vengeance, those creature designs are bitching, I really like the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks man :D haha, back with a vengeance, I like that!

    ReplyDelete